Play a Part in Our Success

As a professional not-for-profit theatre, PTC relies on the support of our friends and patrons. Ticket sales earn a large portion of our budget—nearly 70%—but the remaining 30% must come from contributions.

When you make your gift to Pioneer Theatre Company, your support makes it possible for us to bring an exceptional theatre experience to all Utah audiences.

Yes! I want to make a donation to Pioneer Theatre Company!
 
Take me to the University of Utah's secure donation page for PTC.

donate sm 2.png


 

Where does PTC get its revenue and how is it spent?

Expenses

There are many costs associated with producing outstanding professional theatre. When you give to Pioneer Theatre Company, 71 percent of your gift directly supports artistic and production personnel and the creation of the stunning sets and costumes that make our productions so exciting. Pioneer Theatre Company employs the best actors, directors, and designers in the country so we can produce theatre of the highest artistic quality. Your gift also supports our New Plays Initiative and Student Matinee Program.



Pie Chart - Expenses copy.png

   

Income

PTC generates more than $2.8 million annually from ticket sales.  While this represents 64 percent of our annual income, an important piece of the theatre’s revenue comes from contributions. Notably, our individual donors are the single largest source of privately contributed funds. The generosity of our donors ensures we provide the best theatre experience possible. This is why your support is so important to the success of Pioneer Theatre Company.

Pie Chart - Income_text copy.png


(top) Lynne Wintersteller in Sunset Boulevard
(bottom) Rachel Moulton and Michael Brusasco in Black Comedy

 

marquee_season.png

 

"You need three things in the theater - the play, the actors, and the audience, - and each must give something."
~
Kenneth Haigh