Frequently Asked Questions About Giving

We know you have many opportunities to support the organizations, events and causes you care about. With good reason, you make your decisions carefully and with good information at hand.

With this in mind, we’ve created an FAQ to address some of the most frequent questions we are asked about donating to Pioneer Theatre Company.

I support PTC by buying tickets, why should I also donate?
Only 70% of PTC's total budget comes from ticket sales – Individuals, corporations, foundations, and government support make up the remaining 30%. It is only through the support of donors that PTC can continue to bridge the gap between ticket sales and operating costs.
Why doesn't PTC just cut expenses and cover costs with ticket sales?
Without donations, the top PTC ticket would cost over $80 and force many patrons to abandon going to the theatre. Other educational programs would also have to be cut back or even eliminated. Where does my gift go? Whether it be the professional actors, the nationally prominent directors and choreographers, or the scenery and costumes designed and constructed in PTC's own shop - every dollar of your contribution goes directly to what you see on stage.
Is my donation tax-deductible?
Certainly. Your gift is deductible to the full extent allowed by the law. You will receive an acknowledgment letter and receipt from the University of Utah.
How do I make a gift?
Nothing could be easier! Simply call us at 801-585-3196. You may also make your donation online through The University of Utah's secure server.

Still have Questions?

Please email to request additional materials, or to contact the PTC Development staff at 801-585-3196. We’d welcome the chance to discuss your support.

 

marquee_season.png

 

"You need three things in the theater - the play, the actors, and the audience, - and each must give something."
~
Kenneth Haigh