January 24 through February 23, 2013
Free Events associated with the play Clybourne Parkby Bruce Norris
Salt Lake City – Pioneer Theatre Company presents the 2011 Pulitzer Prize for Drama/2012 Tony Award for Best Play winner, Clybourne Park, February 15 through March 2, 2013.
Leading up to the play, PTC, in conjunction with other organizations, will present a series of free events related to the play. Some events involve the 1959 Tony Award-winning drama A Raisin in the Sun by Lorraine Hansberry, on which the play Clybourne Park is based.
- January 24: Live staged reading of Lorraine Hansberry’s play A Raisin in the Sun at the Utah Museum of Fine Arts (UMFA), 410 Campus Center Drive, Salt Lake City, at 6:30 p.m. There will be a talk back with the actors and director immediately after the reading.
- January 29: Live staged reading of A Raisin in the Sun will take place at the Salt Lake City Public Library, at 210 East 400 S, at 6:00 p.m.
- February 6: Film screening of the 1961 film version of A Raisin in the Sun, starring Sydney Poitier and Claudia McNeil, at the Broadway Center Cinema, 111 East Broadway, Salt Lake City, at 7:30 p.m.
- February 21: Panel discussion, “The Price of Change: Neighborhood Identity inClybourne Park and Salt Lake City,” at the University of Utah’s Babcock Theatre, 300 S 1400 E, Salt Lake City, at 5:00 p.m.
- February 23: there will be a talkback with the actors from the cast immediately after 2:00 p.m. performance of Clybourne Park at Pioneer Theatre Company, 300 S 1400 E, Salt Lake City.
All events are free and open to the public. Tickets to attend the play Clybourne Park at Pioneer Theatre Company can be purchased online at www.pioneertheatre.org, or by calling the Box Office at 801-581-6961.
Pioneer Theatre Company operates under an agreement between the League of Resident Theatres (LORT) and Actors’ Equity Association, the Union of professional actors and stage managers in the United States. Pioneer Theatre Company, Utah’s only fully professional theatre, performs at Roy W. and Elizabeth E. Simmons Pioneer Memorial Theatre, located on the University of Utah campus at 300 South and 1400 East in Salt Lake City, easily accessible by TRAX light rail. Free parking is also available and the theatre is equipped with an elevator, handicap parking, hearing assistance devices and other easy-access features.
# # #