PTC 2013-2014 Season Auditions (Revised)
Children’s Auditions for Elf—The Musical
Children’s auditions ONLY for Pioneer Theatre Company’s production of Elf—The Musical.
• Children, ages 8-12, who sing and move extremely well for roles in the ensemble.
• Boy, age 10-13, who sings and moves well with a big outgoing personality to play the role of “Michael.”
• Sign up for slots will begin Thursday, August 15th in Simmons Pioneer Memorial Theatre.
• Auditions will be held Thursday, August 22, 2013 from 12:00 noon to 4:00 p.m.
• Callbacks will be held on Saturday, September 21, 2013. (Those auditioning on August 22nd will be notified if they are going to be called back by September 3rd.)
Auditions will be held in Room 245 at Simmons Pioneer Memorial Theatre, located at 1300 E. 1400 South, on the University of Utah campus.
Other Details: All children will be asked to sing a song of their own choosing, preferably in traditional musical theatre style, and then be prepared to move. An accompanist will be provided. Please wear comfortable clothes and dance shoes or sneakers. A photo and resume are recommended.
Book by Thomas Meehan and Bob Martin
Music by Matthew Sklar, Lyrics by Chad Beguelin
Based upon the New Line Cinema film written by David Berenbaum
Director will be Dan Knechtges; the Choreographer will be Liza Gennaro and the Musical Director will be Tom Griffen. Rehearsals begin November 11, 2013, opening on December 6, 2013 and closing December 24, 2013, with a possible extension through December 28th.
Please note that this production will rehearse on Sunday, November 24, 2013. This allows everyone Thanksgiving Day off, and will be the only Sunday work day.
Auditions for adult roles will be announced at a later date.
Please no phone calls. For more information, visit http://www.pioneertheatre.org/about-us/audition-info/