Directions & Parking
Football Game Conflicts for 2015
Pioneer Theatre Company is located on the University of Utah campus, right across the street from Rice-Eccles Football stadium. As anyone who has ever tried to drive or park on the University campus knows, it can be confusing to figure out where Visitor Parking is.
The good news is that construction on the new Law School building is complete! We have not only recovered the parking that was lost during construction, but the University has actually increased the total number of parking stalls in the lots adjacent to Simmons PMT. Those two lots now have a total of 356 parking stalls—an increase of 18 over pre-construction totals.
University parking for PTC performances continues to be FREE,and there is a fair amount of it within a two-block distance of Simmons PMT. This is better than parking for most downtown events.
In addition, except on performances which conflict with home football games, there is additional free parking in the Rice-Eccles Stadium parking lot, in the lot north and east of the Einar Nelson Fieldhouse and in the lot just north of Simmons PMT off of President’s Circle.
We are also located near Stadium Station on the University Line of TRAX light rail, which serves Salt Lake County all the way from Sandy to Daybreak, and even connects to the FrontRunner going north to Odgen and south to Provo.
The S. J. Quinney Law School construction is complete! We have discontinued the shuttle service that we ran during the construction period.
There is only on football game confluct with PTC productions this year. The Saturday, Oct. 31 game against Oregon State conflicts with Outside Mullingar. If you are attending a performance on this date, please know that parking may be complicated and plan accordingly. We encourage patrons to carpool and take TRAX. You may also inquire at the Box Office about transferring your tickets to another day.
Parking Options within a Two-Block Radius
There are other parking options within a two-block walk of the theatre, all of which are free. They include:
- FREE street parking on University Street to the west of Simmons PMT is available after 6 pm.
- A small parking lot has been added just off President’s Circle, directly to the north of the theatre, only a few hundred yards away. Enter from President's Circle.
- The parking lot immediately to the north of the Fieldhouse—accessed by turning north at the traffic light on South Campus Drive just to the east of Rice-Eccles Stadium—contains 120 parking spots, and is a short half block walk from the theatre. This parking lot offers the advantage of allowing you to turn east on South Campus Drive when you leave after a performance.
Driving directions to PTC
- From Southeast, Salt Lake County — Take I-215 East to the Foothill Drive off-ramp. Follow Foothill Drive nearly four miles to 1300 East, turn right, proceed one block to 400 South and turn right. Get in the left hand lane and go one and a half blocks to the Simmons Pioneer Memorial Theatre parking lot, which will be on your left. Overflow parking is in the stadium to your right.
- From South/Southwest, Salt Lake County — Take I-15 North to the 600 South off ramp. Take 600 South until 500 East, and turn left on 500 East. Go two blocks to 400 South and turn right on 400 South (which turns into 500 South). Take 500 South until 1300 East, then turn left on 1300 East. Proceed one block to 400 South. Turn right on 400 South. Get in the left hand lane and go one and a half blocks to the Simmons Pioneer Memorial Theatre parking lot, which will be on your left. Overflow parking is in the stadium to your right.
- From Davis or Weber Counties — Take I-15 South to the Salt Lake City 400 South off ramp. Take 400 South (which turns into 500 South) to 1300 East, then turn left. Proceed one block to 400 South. Turn right on 400 South. Get in the left hand lane and go one and a half blocks to the Simmons Pioneer Memorial Theatre parking lot, which will be on your left. Overflow parking is in the stadium to your right.
Take TRAX and leave your car behind:
Take the University Line to Stadium Station; there is a stop in our overflow parking lot. TRAX also gives you access to more than 50 restaurants.
Check TRAX Schedules
View TRAX Map